Pssst! I don't know if you know this but I sure am glad you came to check Table Talk and Walk out tonight. You know why? Because, each and every post is made with the hope that you will be able to take something from it. Whether it is a tip, a recipe, a laugh or a sigh, I think you will alway be left with something good.
So, this year I am making an honest effort to find out more about what you want to see on this site. Please shoot me a message/comment/e-mail/facebook post about what you would like to see more of! If you give me some feedback and are so kind to share my link for Table Talk and Walk on your social media of choice(Facebook, Twitter, or even an e-mail to all your friends and family), you will be entered to win a set of Curtis Stone Presentation Rings. I can't WAIT for you to get a crack at them. Take a peek at these puppies on AMAZON! Click here to check them out.
So, what is YUM IN THE TUM?
It is a dish with the super food QUINOA!!!
What is Quinoa?
It is small, round and flavorful way to get in a serving of whole grains. It is a good source of protein, iron and fiber. For more information on the grain can be found here.. SUPERFOOD QUINOA
You can find it in any health section of a grocery store.
Now onto the main attraction. It is
Italian Quinoa with Chickpeas and Roasted Tomatoes
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup good homemade or jarred salsa( I enjoy one with roasted poblano peppers)
1 can garbanzo beans
1 carton cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400degrees.
2. Cook Quinoa according to package. (approx. 15-20 minutes)
3. Meanwhile, rinse tomatoes and place on a cookie sheet. Roast in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the tomatoes just burst open.
4. Once Quinoa is cooked, toss salsa, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, garbanzo beans, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper in pot. Top with parsley.
5. Serve as a light lunch/dinner or as a side dish at your next get together!
Here are a few more links to other recipes in which I've used those rings….
Copy Cat Chopped Salad
Bada Bean Bada Boom
I cannot wait to hear from you all! Happy Thursday friends. :)